Seattle Seahawks Blog
Here are the keys to the game this week. Even though we are missing Mack Strong and Deon, we should still take New Orleans at home. Looks like it might be a bit colder and wet on Sunday, so let's lace em' up and kick the Saints butts at home.
1. The H Factor: Hasselbeck & Holmgren: Even though Matt is missing Deon, Burleson, Engram, and Obu are good enough to pick up the slack. Holmgren needs to call some screen passes and roll outs (or even shotgun!) to get Matt out of his happy feet pocket passing.
2. Mo & Shaun: Have got to hit the holes harder this week. We NEED a running game to even have a chance this week and it sounds like Mo is going to get more carries this week
3. Defense, Defense, Defense: New Orleans still has Bush and Brees, so don't expect them to just roll over. This is going to be a close game I feel for 3 quarters with Seattle pulling ahead in the fourth. Marshall needs to keep calling good coverages and know WHEN to blitz....something that he has not done a good job of this year.
4. Some production out of the TE? I'm leaning towards starting Heller over Pollard real soon....Pollard isn't even close to putting up Stevens type numbers...yes, yes, we all hated him, but the guy was an actual threat at TE when he was catching balls.
5. Weaver for Mack: No one will ever replace Mack Strong, bottom line. However, if Weaver can block and catch a few balls out of the backfield, he'll do just fine. It's going to take him a few games to fully learn the offense, so expect a few mistakes here and there. As much as I love Strong, a younger and healthier Weaver could be the winning factor.
Mack, thanks for all 15 years of dedication to the Hawks...hopefully we can win the BIG ONE in your final year with us
Seattle Sports Blog Guy