Seattle Seahawks Blog:
It wasn't pretty, but a W is a W in the NFL and I think we came out of the gates better than expected (at least in the second half). Gruden is a smart coach folks, no mistakes about it, and will always have his teams ready.
1. Defense: looked dominating and we put a ton of pressure on their QB's. Lofa made a nice strip, Peterson was everywhere and we did a great job of stuffing their run.
2. Offense: Hasselbeck was consistent, didn't make any mistakes. That's exactly what we need from him....great job Matt in spreading the ball around and getting the majority of our recievers involved. Shaun looked a little slow in the first half but then picked things up in the second half. Burleson also gets one of our game ball from yesterday....great catches, great returns, minus the fumble.
3. Getting rid of Stevens and Hamlin: it's nice to watch this team without it's typical cancers....Stevens didn't do crap yesterday and Hamlin got BURNT on the second play of the game for a 70 yard TD. He was then flagged for a 15 yard unessary roughness penalty....SEE YA LATER tools!
What needed improvements:
1. Getting the ball to Branch. He's too much of an asset not to get him the ball. Run him a reverse, get him a screen, anything.
2. Trick play: Thank GOD we ran a trick play, and it would have worked if Jones made the block....Branch or Hackett were WIDE open down field. Keep running at least one of these a game...mix it up Holmgren, it does wonders to keep the defense honest and on their toes.
3. Offensive execution....we should have beat these guys 40-10. TB was 4-12 last year and despite how good of coach Gruden is, they are still a long way from being a .500 club. Expect a tough battle next week vs. a hungry Arizona team.